We care about our customers and their vehicles; this is why we created our Car Care Tips page. We know how important someone’s vehicle is to them and how important it is to keep it running smoothly. In between regular service and maintenance of your vehicle, there are things you can do to ensure your vehicle is running at its best. Please read through our Car Care Tips and make sure these are things you pay attention to.
- Check all your fluids. Make sure your fluids are not below normal levels (you can reference your owner’s manual for proper levels).
- Check your tires.
- Especially during the winter, you want to make sure your tires have enough tread on them. When the ground is wet, proper tire tread is essential to safe driving.
- Make sure you have proper tire pressure, this will help avoid any uneven wear on your tires. (Call us at 714-970-8774 of you have questions or concerns about your tires).
- Accelerate slowly, stepping on the gas pedal hard each time will waste gas and lower your fuel economy
- Check your windshield wipers, and replace them if you see any cuts, or cracks or if the rubber part is not flexible.
- Check Battery Cables, if you see any corrosion on the connections, remove the connectors and scrape away the corrosion.
- Inspect your belts and hoses. If you see any cracks or missing sections call us immediately. You will want these replaced before they break.
- Check your air filter. Make sure that the filter is clean, any obstruction will limit the amount of airflow to the engine.
- Brakes; if you feel that you are pressing harder and harder on the brake pedal to stop your vehicle. It may be time to replace your brake pads.
If you have any questions regarding these tips above, please give us a call. We also recommend having your vehicle checked throughout the year to avoid major issues in the future.