A new year is upon us! For many, it’s time to start on your New Year’s resolution, but don’t forget about your car! Make your car its own New Year’s resolution by making a checklist of things you need to do. Don’t worry if you have trouble coming up with something to add to your list; we have some great selections.
In this month’s blog, we want to give you a starting point for your car’s checklist. Ranging from maintenance tips to tips that will make your on-the-road experience better, we want to provide you with a hand; so you can keep your car in mind through the new year.
- Preventative Maintenance: One of the most important things you can do for your vehicle is to have preventative maintenance throughout the year. We can’t predict the future, but we can prepare for it. This type of maintenance keeps your car working correctly on the road so you can get to and from your destination safely and without issues!
- Prepare a First Aid Kit: You never know when you will need a first aid kit. Accidents can happen when you are on the road, and it is better to be prepared. Make sure to prepare a first aid kit and place it in an easily accessible area of your vehicle. It is also a good idea to be familiar with what is in your first aid kit so you can adequately use any tools when the time comes.
- Have Those Engine Lights Checked Out: If you see a dashboard light turned on, get it checked out! Your car is trying to tell you something, and you should not ignore these lights. Bring your vehicle in to have a trained and certified technician inspect your engine; to fix any issue that may be going on.
- Invest In Accessories: Investing in some good vehicle accessories will be essential this new year. Accessories can bring the convenience and accessibility of your vehicle to a whole new level. From a phone stand to cup holder extensions for your refillable water bottle, investing in accessories is a must for increased comfort.
- Keep Your Vehicle Clean: Start the new year on the right wheel. (Pun intended) Have your car washed and vacuumed, and do your best to have it clean as long as possible! A great tip would be to have a small trash can in your car to avoid trash piling up. Another piece of information would be to invest in all-weather mats for easy cleanup after bringing dirt and mud into the car.
We hope this list inspires you to make a checklist for the new year. Your car is a tool you use every day, and you want it to be in great shape. By either adding these tips to your checklist or visiting us for scheduled maintenance, we want your on-the-road experience to be amazing this year. Call us at (714)970-4190, or visit us at 801 S Lakeview Avenue, Unit G, Placentia, CA 92870 to have your vehicle inspected for the new year!